Supporting individuals of all ages with educational, informational and recreational services.
Facilities Available for Meetings and Events
The Conference Rooms are available for small group meetings during regular library hours.
The Community Room is available for larger meetings, community and private events.
Study rooms and Study areas are available during regular library hours.
Meeting rooms are available without charge to non-profit, educational, cultural, civic, professional, or social enterprises. Meeting rooms are available to for profit enterprises for a fee of $25.00 for 0-3 hours and $50.00 for 3 or more hours. A Reservation Form must be completed and submitted to the Library Staff for Community Room use. Reservations need to be made between 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday -Friday.
Services Available include:
- a diverse collection of over 45’000 books, audio books, magazines, and movies
- over 25’000 ebooks available to check-out using Bridges
- a ‘Stuff Shelf’ with all kinds of useful stuff you can check out and use around the house
- a knowledgeable staff to advise readers and provide research assistance
- free programs year-round for children, teens, and adults
- Summer Reading program for kids of all ages
- Winter Family Reading program
- seven public access computers
- free wi-fi
- proctoring for students and educators
- two Notary Publics on staff Monday – Friday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- multiple study rooms and tables
- copying or printing:
- $0.10 for each black and white sheet, $0.50 for each color sheet
- faxing: our fax number is 515-993-3191
- To Send: $1.00 for the first sheet, $0.50 for each additional sheet
- To Receive: Free
- $2.00 for the first foot, $0.10 for each additional inch
- cocoa, coffee, and tea for sale at the main information desk
- suggested donation of $0.75 per cup
- a small collection of constantly rotating used books for sale
- we accept free will donations for all used books
- annual Friends of the Adel Public Library Foundation book sale each August