Paula is an Adel native who has been the Director of the Adel Public Library for 17 years. She is passionate about our library being the heart of the Adel community and committed to making everyone who visits the library feel at home. She is always looking for new and exciting events and programs for the library. Paula is a voracious reader who spends her free time collecting (everything!) and spending time with her family; including her six very special grandsons.
Trever is an Adel native who returned to the library as the Assistant Library Director after working as the Head of Circulation at a metro area library. He originally came to the Adel Library in 2012 while completing his B.A. in English Literature at Grand View University and is thrilled to be back home at our lovely library. Trever had a long career as in book selling where he managed bookstores for a large chain of stores, most recently in West Des Moines. Trever is a single parent with four children, and spends his free time taking care of his 143 year old house, where he can be found trying and usually failing, to get his boys to clean up after themselves.
Library Catalogers and Clerks:
- Alex, Anita, Becca, Cheryl, Janet, Jeanie, Jennifer, Michelle, Sheryl, and Trudy
Our library relies on a host of wonderful volunteers to perform many daily tasks, especially preparing books for circulation and shelving books after they are checked in. If you would like to volunteer at the library please call or email Trever. Should a new volunteer be needed he will help you schedule a volunteer training session.
The Library Board meets on the first Tuesday of every month at 5:00 pm in conference room A.
- President/Chair: Lori Brocka • 971-3520 Term expires: 6/30/2022
- Vice-President: W. W. Van Buren • 993-4062 Term expires: 6/30/2020
- Secretary: Susan Klein • 515-778-1847 Term expires 6/30/2018
- Patricia Torpy • 993-2067 Term expires: 6/30/2018
- Wayne Rebischke • 612-716-0948 Term expires: 6/30/2020
- Diane Fredin • 504-252-5002 Term expires: 6/30/2022
- Dan Severidt • 515-321-0922 Term expires: 6/30/2022